MSc SLS Year A: Hooray!
This is a rather short blog to share our ‘finishing the week on a high’ success. My MSc buddy, Sarah Lloyd, and I completed the speech sciences workshop task. It was a team effort and this is the result!
The task was to segment the recording of a speaker who had a glossectomy. The module SLANG103 Management of Communication Disorders 2: Speech and Hearing is the area I am finding most challenging. It’s taught all day each Thursday: morning lectures cover anatomy and physiology and the afternoon lecture and lab session looks at speech sounds. This is an area which is new to me and whilst very interesting, it most definately needs further revision. BUT … we completed the task and this small achievement means a lot. Always good to end the week on a positive note.